In this article we’re going to be checking out the Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020, so, you can buy right now. I made this list based on my personal opinion and hours of research and I’ve listed them based on performance features and price. I’ve included options for every type of user so whether you’re looking for a laptop for your everyday tasks or a ramped-up laptop for gaming we’ll have the laptop for you.
Table of Contents
- Samsung Chromebook 3
- Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- ASUS VivoBook Flip 14
- Acer Aspire E15
- Acer Nitro 5 Renewed
Samsung Chromebook 3
The fifth product on our list is the Samsung Chromebook 3. This is our best cheap Chromebook laptop. There’s a lot of advantages of using Chromebooks including fewer hardware demands, the more efficient Chrome OS and of course price.
Check On Amazon: Click Here
Handle Daily Computing Tasks with Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020
So, if you’re ready to jump on board Chromebooks. The $130 Samsung Chromebook 3 is one of the best affordable choices available. The Samsung Chromebook 3 handles daily computing tasks just as well as Windows or Mac OS laptops. You’ll be able to surf shop check woods viral and work on office documents spreadsheets and presentations slides.
Fast Performance of Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020
It’s designed to work in a cloud environment so you only get 16 gigabytes of storage but at least its SSD. So, you get extremely fast performance including booting up in seconds versus minutes. You’ll find the Chromebook 3 build quality is surprisingly good better than most cheaper laptops in its price bracket. It’s very thin and compact and weighs two and a half pounds making it perfect to just slip under your arm or in your backpack, when you’re hopping from class to class or meetings.
Light and Bright of Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020
Whether you’re streaming content or doing some light photo editing before posting. You’ll be quite pleased with the Chromebook 3s exceptionally bright 1366 by 768 screen. It’s the brightest 11.6-inch display in its class with very realistic colors that can put other budget laptops to shame. It’s got a brilliant 15-inch HD display.
Features of Samsung Chromebook 3
- SSD Storage: Lightning-fast performance with incredible read and write speeds.
Pros of Samsung Chromebook 3
- Very Affordable: A tempting alternative to regular laptops.
- Keyboard: The keyboard is spill resistant plus there’s no flexing around which is a common problem for budget laptops.
- Display: It has the brightest 11.6-inch display in its class.
- Battery: You get up to 11 hours of battery life.
Cons of Samsung Chromebook 3
- Resolution: Only has a 1366 by 768 LED display.
- Key Placement: Awkward key placement that takes time to get used to.
Why Samsung Chromebook 3
If you want a portable Chromebook for very little money then you can’t do much better than the Samsung Chromebook 3. It’s a great affordable alternative to higher priced Windows and Mac OS laptops.
Also Check: Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
The fourth product on our list is the Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop. This is our best cheap laptop for students. If you’re a student that runs around to classes all day and looking for a small and light laptop that won’t weigh you down. Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop is only three quarters of an inch thick and weighs just over 4 pounds making it a great choice for students on the go.
Check On Amazon: Click Here
Thick and Weigh Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020
Whether you’re at the library or coffee house even though the aspire 5 slim laptop is lightweight. You’ll love that it’s definitely not light when it comes to power. The quad core performance is more than enough to get you through your day of regular computing tasks especially with the nearly all-day battery.
Solid HD Videos of Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020
The 15.6-inch IPS screen delivers solid HD video quality and the panel holds up well when viewing from wider angles. It’s great indoors but it does fade noticeably when using it outdoors in the direct sunlight. If you want a little more flexibility from your display check out the Asus VEVO book flip 14. The versatile two-in-one also has a touchscreen display.
Backlit Numeric Keyboard of Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020
Typing on it is quite nice on the aspire 5 it delivers a satisfying bump and springy rebound on each keystroke. You also get a roomy backlit keyboard complete with a 10 key numeric keypad which you may find a little too squished together. Between classes you can relax with a little game play. The acer aspire 5 can run most casual games but think minesweeper more than fortnight. The trackpad comes with a fingerprint reader handy for signing into your various profiles on your laptop.
Features of Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- Security: Comes with a fingerprint reader design sleek silver exterior looks great.
Pros of Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- Price: Priced very affordably.
- Keyboard: It has backlit keyboards and delivers a satisfying bump and springy rebound on each keystroke.
- Display: You get a crisp bright 15-inch HD display
- Battery: Delivers excellent battery performance.
- Ports: If you hate dongles it comes with plenty of in and out options.
Cons of Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- Bloatware: Comes with a lot of bloatware.
- No Touchscreen: Lacks a touchscreen option.
ASUS VivoBook Flip 14
The third product on our list is the ASUS VivoBook Flip 14. This is a great cheap 2 in 1 laptop. If you’re looking for a versatile 2 in 1 laptop the ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 is a great looking convertible laptop with a clamshell design that looks very cool.
Check On Amazon: Click Here
Thin and Sleek Design of Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020
It’s thin and flat making it feel more of an oversized tablet and the aluminum design is pretty sleek and it’s currently priced at $350. You’ll love the 14-inch full HD touchscreen display. It’s sharp and clear and looks great on any angle. You can also flip it right over so you can use it as a tablet with the two 360-degree. hinges. The hinges are sturdy and will hold your display in place no matter the angle you choose
Not Bulky as Compared to Others, Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020
what’s great is it never feels bulky and awkward like some larger screen convertibles do especially in tablet mode. There’s a lot of things you’ll love about the flip 14 besides the design. It’s designed for portability so the battery has enough juice to keep you going all day like the laptop itself. You’ll also find the keyboard is quite thin and quiet but doesn’t have back-lighting.
eMMC Flash Storage of Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020
The one area that is disappointing is the storage. It only comes with 64 gigabytes of eMMC flash storage making the laptop more akin to a Chromebook for more online and cloud-based work than functioning as a traditional laptop. If you need more built-in storage the Acer Aspire E15 is with one terabyte HDD for ample storage plus a 256 gigabyte SATA SSD drive.
Features of ASUS VivoBook Flip 14
- Design: It’s super slim the clamshell design is stunning.
- Convertible: The two 360-degree hinges allow you to flip the screen to any angle or you can flip it right over so you can use it as a tablet.
Pros of ASUS VivoBook Flip 14
- Versatile: It’s a laptop and tablet it’s a two-in-one.
- Battery: It has an excellent battery life giving you over 11 hours.
- Quiet: The flip 14 operates in fan-less silence audio surprisingly good audio for a laptop.
- Screen: Brilliant 14-inch full HD touchscreen display.
Cons of ASUS VivoBook Flip 14
- Storage: Only comes with a minimal 64 gigabyte.
Why ASUS VivoBook Flip 14
The ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 offers looks in great performance for anyone looking for a great 2 in 1 laptop at an attractive price. It’s versatile and with the excellent HD touchscreen plus amazing sound quality. It’s great for enjoying all types of media.
Acer Aspire E15
The second product on our list is the Acer Aspire E15. This is our best overall cheap laptop. The Acer Aspire E15 is a great budget laptop for anyone that wants a great performing laptop without breaking the bank currently priced at $425.
Check On Amazon: Click Here
Rival Expensive Laptops, Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020
It’s a workhorse for everyday tasks you get an impressive combination of power and performance for a budget laptop that can rival more expensive laptops. The Acer Aspire E15 edged lid looks stylish yet still understated the brushed aluminum finish of the palm rest also looks pretty sharp. You’ll find the laptop as a whole still feels reassuringly sturdy despite its plastic body.
Contrast and Brightness of Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020
It comes packed with enough under the hood to offer casual users more than sufficient power to turn through just about any daily productivity tasks. And you’ll find the 15.6-inch HD 1920 by 1080 display delivers good brightness deep contrast and vivid colors making it very pleasant to work on. If you like casual gaming the Acer Aspire E15 is also great for winding down with after your hectic day. But if you’re looking for triple-a gaming. You’ll want to check out the Acer’s nitro 5 that’s built for gaming. Watching movies is great in fact, it even has a built-in optical drive so you can watch DVD movies.
Features of Acer Aspire E15
- Performance: Intel Core i5 8250U CPU NVidia GeForce MX 150 GPU with 8 gigabytes of RAM packs a lot of punch into the budget laptop.
- Removable Panel: It has a removable bottom panel that gives you access to the RAM slots and drive bay handy for upgrading turbo mode.
- You can crank the base clock up to as far as 3.4 gigahertz for better performance.
Pros of Acer Aspire E15
- Display: It has 15.6-inch full HD 1920 by 1080 display
- Storage: 1 Terra-bit HDD for ample storage plus 256 gigabytes SATA SSD drive.
- Battery: Just over eight hours which is better than most in its class.
- Optical Drive: 8x DVD RW optical drive you don’t find this in many laptops these days.
- Keyboard: It has a decent amount of travel and springy response.
Cons of Acer Aspire E15
- Heavy: Just over 5 pounds.
- Viewing Angle: It’s limited and dims when viewed from angles.
Why Acer Aspire E15
The Acer Aspire E15 delivers incredible performance for a budget level laptop making it a great laptop for just about anyone with typical computing needs. Proving plenty of power and battery life for churning through productivity tasks and even some light gaming capability.
Acer Nitro 5 Renewed
The first product on our list is the Acer Nitro 5 Renewed. This is our best cheap gaming laptop. If you’re a gamer you’ll probably know all about the amazing Acer’s Nitro 5 as one of the best budget gaming laptops available. If you’re looking for a bargain you can bake up a renewed Nitro 5. It’s currently priced at $500. It’s been fully tested and certified so you don’t have to worry about its condition or performance just because it’s renewed plus. You get a minimum 90-day supplier warranty.
Check On Amazon: Click Here
Hitting Gaming Performance, Acer Nitro 5 (Renewed) Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020
Acer’s Nitro 5 brings high-end gaming to budget laptops hitting the sweet spot for gaming performance and price. The Nitro 5 kicks it up a notch with the new coffee Lake CPU. So, it can handle almost all Triple a game for some titles you might want to drop the framerate a notch.
Sharp and Vivid Resolution of Acer Nitro 5 (Renewed) Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020
If you max out your graphics or punch it to 60fps and downshift the graphics. Or depending on the game you can change it up. You’ll find the 15.6-inch 1920 by 1080 resolution is sharp and vivid. The keyboard and trackpad are responsive and you’ll enjoy the built-in speakers. They output some solid dynamic sound but attach external speakers or throwing some headsets to get really immersed.
Performance of Battery of Acer Nitro 5 (Renewed) Best Laptop Under 500 Dollars 2020
The battery performance isn’t bad you’ll easily squeeze out up to 5 hours. Under the hood, you’ll get the coffee like CPU powering the first core i5 to have hyper threading giving the quad core to deliver 8 threads of processing power.
Features of Acer Nitro 5 (Renewed)
- Coffee Lakes CPU: You’ll get the coffee Lakes CPU powering the first core i5 with hyper threading 8 threads of processing power from your quad core
- Graphics: Comes with the NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 with 4 gigabytes of ram.
Pros of Acer Nitro 5 (Renewed)
- Storage: One terabyte of storage.
- Display: 15.6-inch 1080 HD screen to see all the action and vivid detail
- Price: For a gaming laptop it’s hard to beat at this price point.
- Ports: You get lots of ports USB 2.0 3.0 and type-c HDMI SD card reader, Ethernet and a Kensington lock slot.
Cons of Acer Nitro 5 (Renewed)
- Heavy: It’s 6 pounds and on the heavier side.
Why Acer Nitro 5 (Renewed)
If you’re looking for a gaming laptop but trying to stay under the $500 threshold the renewed Acer Nitro 5 offers a large 15.6-inch display, an impressive hardware. That can handle most of the demanding triple-a games at an attractive renewed price.