In this article we’re going to be checking out the five best budget gaming laptop under 1000. I made this list based on my personal opinion and hours of research. I’ve listed them based on Hardware performance design features and price. It included options for every type of consumer. So if you’re looking for a budget gaming laptop for average gaming or a super-powerful gaming laptop for a great price. We’ll have the product for you.
Table of Contents
Asus TUF FX505
The fifth product on our list is the Asus TUF FX505. This is our best budget AMD powered machine. The Asus TUF FX505 ODT makes this list due to its budget-friendly price of around $680 a respectable Hardware set.
Check Latest Price On Amazon: Click Here
Ultra-High Frame Rate of Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
The inclusion of Rison based architecture for those who prefer a gaming laptop running AMD instead of Intel. The laptop includes a full HD 1080p display that runs at a 120 Hertz refresh rate for ultra-high frame rate gaming. Beyond the traditional 60 frames per second. It’s also an IPS display which means better brightness and picture quality.
TUF Quad Core Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
The TUF is powered by a quad-core Rison 5 CPU eight gigabytes of ddr4 ram and a 256 gigabyte SSD drive. Plus an NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 video card with 4 gigabytes of on-board ram. It’s not the most powerful gaming laptop in the world. But it can tackle most games at mid-range settings without any issue. Its performance isn’t quite as good as it could be when playing games on low settings. However possibly due to the limitations of its single channel RAM, the laptop has some nice aesthetics.
Gold Steel Meta Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
Thanks to a mixture of gold steel metal and stealth black cover with brushed aluminum keyboard play and some sleek cutouts on the top cover. The keyboard is RBG lit with a number of effects including color cycle strobe and breathing mode. It’s supports / Stroke technology that registers keystrokes faster for greater gaming precision. As far as connectivity goes. The TUF features one combo audio jack a type a USB 2.0 port to type a USB 3.1 ports, one land jack and one HDMI 2.0 port. Which is about what you’d expect from a laptop of this particular price level at about five pounds.
Adequately Ported Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
It isn’t the lightest gaming laptop on the market but it’s not the heaviest one either and can be adequately ported around. The TUF’s battery is not for extended play sessions. Regular use can see it get anywhere from four to six hours before requiring a top-up and gaming is going to bring that number down severely. So, this is clearly a laptop you want to keep plugged in at all times. The Asus TUF FX505 makes sacrifices but it does so in the right ways to balance the price against the hardware inside for AMD gaming on a budget.
Features of Asus TUF FX505
- IPS Display: this laptop features an IPS display for good backlighting and excellent viewing angle 120 Hertz refresh rate.
- This laptop allows for higher frame rate gaming thanks to a 120 Hertz refresh rate versus the conventional 60 Hertz rise in CPU.
- This laptop is powered by an AMD Rison 5 CPU for top quality gaming at a great price.
Pros of Asus TUF FX505
- Display: The display on this laptop is generous for the price point offering 120 Hertz high frame rate gaming with IPS back-lighting balanced.
- Hardware: This laptop has made the right kind of sacrifices in order to balance price tag and performance.
Cons of Asus TUF FX505
- Battery Life: This laptop doesn’t feature long battery life when it comes to gaming performance this laptop offers solid gaming performance but less so when playing games at lower settings.
Acer Nitro 5
The fourth products on our list is the Acer Nitro 5. This is a great value per dollar gaming laptop. It comes at 720 dollars if it’s true balance between gaming power and price that you’re looking for Acer offers the Nitro 5 to fill your needs at just under seven hundred twenty dollars.
Check On Amazon: Click Here
Eighth Generation Intel Core i5 CPU, Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
It has an attractive price point and some good hardware underneath the hood. The Nitro 5 is powered by an eighth gen Intel Core i5 CPU with 12 gigabytes of ddr4 ram and a 256 gigabyte SSD drive. The 15.6-inch display is IPS powered for greater back-lighting and brightness and runs at 1920 by 1080 resolution. Though it lacks the 120 Hertz refresh rate of the Asus Tuf powering.
Solid Graphics of Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
The graphics is a 1050 Ti GPU which is solid as far as game performance goes and can play current games at medium to high detail without much. The colors of the nitro 5 screen are a bit understated however and not quite as vibrant as you’d expect. But that’s a minor issue for a laptop at this price range.
Connectivity of Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
Connectivity wise the Nitro 5 offers a USBC 3.1 port two USB a 2.0 ports 1 USB a 3.0 port an SD card slot headphone and mic jack Gigabit Ethernet port and an HDMI port which is standard fare. One of the best features of the nitro 5 is as expand ability by accessing components from the bottom of the laptop one can add in a 2.5-inch SSD or traditional hard drive another sticks of RAM and even the ability to add an end point tube based SSD stick which is highly advantageous.
Battery Life of Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
If you want to bump the power quotient up battery life is predictably minimal lasting little more than two hours from gaming. So, it’s important to keep it plugged in regular use sees the laptop hit about 5 to 6 hours and not much more than that the inclusion of 12 gigabytes of RAM seems rather unnecessary. As well for the hardware inside 8 gigabytes would have sufficed here but the extra form may give a little more headway. When it comes to daily multitasking it’s also a little on the heavier side and nearly 6 pounds. The Nitro 5 is a tremendously good value for the dollar offering solid performance for a great price.
Features of Acer Nitro 5
- Decent Hardware: This gaming laptop sports a solid I 5 CPU a strong graphics card and a generous amount of RAM.
- Solid Display: The 1080p IPS panel offers good brightness and great viewing angles.
Pros of Acer Nitro 5
- Value: This gaming laptop offers great performance for its price range thanks to its Hardware set.
Cons of Acer Nitro 5
- Heavy: This laptop weighs almost 6 pounds making it less suited for travel and mediocre.
- Colors: This laptops IPS screen doesn’t produce as much color vibrancy as expected.
Also Check: Best Printer for Home Office 2020
Dell G5 15
The third product on our list is the Dell G5 15. This is a great value per dollar gaming laptop at $761 another contender for a laptop offering great value per dollar is Dells own G5 15 an Intel powered gaming laptop.
Super-Fast Machine Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
It has a solid design and a few nice bells and whistles to go along with it at just $760. It’s also easy on the wallet the G5 15 is powered by a quad-core Intel i5 with a 4.0 gigahertz turbo boost function plus 8 gigabytes of RAM a 1050 Ti video cord and a whopping one terabyte hard drive with accompanying 128 gigabyte SSD. This means super-fast performance with plenty of storage for games and other media which makes the G 15 an attractive prospect for those who want a machine with more storage headway.
LED and Colors of Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
The LED backlit screen runs a respectable 1920 by 1080 resolution which is decent for a laptop at this price range. Colors are strong though not the best in this range but gaming performance is very solid. When it comes to 60 FPS gaming and can tackle most games easily at mid to high settings. Battery life is surprisingly strong as well. The laptop gets about 10 hours when playing movies back-to-back which is advantageous.
Battery and Connectivity of Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
If you’re a media fan as well as a gamer naturally this number Falls to around 3 to 4 hours during gaming sessions which is understandable. It’s also heavy at over 6 pounds which makes it less than ideal. When it comes to portability it does come with the right inputs including an HDMI 2.0 port 3 USB 3.1 ports a two-in-one SD slot and a headphone mic jack as well as a mini DisplayPort jack. And an rj45 killer networks Ethernet port. The G5 15 supports the correct hardware for a laptop of this price point. The Intel i5 chip was the right choice for this model as an i7 CPU wouldn’t have been justifiable given the small difference in performance.
Great Value Dollar Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
It also includes automatic overclocking technology. In case you require the extra horsepower to run certain tasks. When it comes to great value for dollar gaming laptops the G5 15 is a Rockstar. It offers a strong level of gaming performance with some enhanced battery life and a nice display to keep your gaming sessions going strong.
Features Dell G5 15
- 8th Gen Intel i5: The CPU of this laptop is more than adequate for gaming and was the right choice over an i7.
- LED Display: This laptop includes a very attractive display thanks to LED backlighting technology.
Pros of Dell G5 15
- Battery Life: This laptop features a stronger battery than most in its class allowing for extended gaming and media sessions.
- Build Quality: This laptop is built solid thanks to Dells quality control with a strong set of hardware.
- Storage: This laptop features a 128 gigabyte SSD for fast performance plus a one terabyte hard drive for lots of storage
Cons of Dell G5 15
- Heavy: At over 6 pounds this is one of the heavier laptops on the market and not suited for portability.
MSI GF63 Best Gaming Laptop
The second product on our list is the MSI GF63. This is the best gaming laptop under $1000 coming at $899. If $1000 is your absolute budget threshold then you do have more options.
Check On Amazon: Click Here
Excellent Quality Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
When it comes to power quotient in your laptop of choice the MSI GF 63 offers excellent quality hardware for a price tag of 899 dollars which gives it some room to pack more hardware under the hood. The GF 63 features a 1080p full HD display at 1920 by 1080 and it’s IPS based. So, you can expect some nice brightness and image quality.
Edge-To-Edge Gaming with Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
It’s also got a thin bezel which is attractive for almost edge-to-edge gaming under the hood. The GF 63 runs on an Intel i5 9300 CPU with a maximum clock speed of 4.1 gigahertz for some more gaming juice when required. It also has 8 gigabytes of ddr4 memory running slightly faster than average at 2600-megahertz clock speed with the ability to expand that storage to 64 gigabytes.
Storage and Backlit of Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
If desired storage wise, the GF 63 offers a 256 gigabyte SSD drive and it completes the package with an NVIDIA GTX 1650 video card for strong gaming performance. The GF 63 is nice to look at as well. It has a brushed aluminum design with sleek lines crimson red backlit LED keys and glowing logo for a little extra pizzazz. It’s no slouch when it comes to cooling either with two fans seven pipes and four exhausts to banish heat during intense game sessions. It’s also a very light laptop at just one point 9 pounds which is remarkable and it makes a great portable option.
Life of Battery of Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
The GF 63 offers a compromise in the form of a reported seven-hour battery life during extended gaming sessions. Although we’d take this with a grain of salt. It’s more in the four to five range when it comes to connectivity. The GF 63 has plenty of options including three USB 3.1 ports a USB C port Ethernet port separate mic and headphone jacks and an HDMI port for secondary display gaming on.
Excellent Performance of Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
The GF 63 offers excellent performance but its display is slightly less quality than some competitors. At the $899 range it’s impossible to expect a dynamite display and this one does the job admirably despite lacking a higher color gamut and some more detail.
Features of MSI GF63
- Nvidia Graphics: This laptop includes a GTX 1650 Nvidia graphics card for solid gaming performance.
- Screen: This laptop features a modest IPS display with a thin bezel designed for better edge to edge viewing light.
- Thin: This laptop is very lightweight and thin making it easy to carry around.
Pros of MSI GF63
- Good Hardware: For a sub $1000 gaming laptop this model has some strong hardware under the hood to tackle most games at decent settings.
- Lightweight: This laptop is very light at just under 2 pounds making it extremely easy to carry around
Cons of MSI GF63
- Display of this gaming laptop can’t match the screens offered by certain competitors.
Acer Predator Helios 300
The first products on our list is the Acer Predator Helios 300. This is our best overall affordable gaming laptop coming at 1089 dollars if it’s strong gaming power you seek at an affordable price range then the Acer Predator Helios 300 is a top candidate at 1089 dollars.
Check On Amazon: Click Here
Strong Combination Hardware of Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
It’s more expensive than others on this list but it makes up for it with a strong hardware set that cannot be beat. The Helios 300 supports a 9th generation Intel i7 6 core processor with a top clock speed of 4.5 gigahertz which is astonishingly fast married to. This is 16 gigabytes of ddr4 Ram for strong multitasking capabilities plus a NVidia GTX 1660 TI graphics card with 6 gigabytes have dedicated on-board v ram. This is a strong combination of hardware that can tackle most games with little issue.
Response Time of Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
The 1080p display runs at 1920 by 1080 and features a super-fast 144-megahertz refresh rate for high frame rate gaming beyond the 60 FPS norm. It has a response time of 3 milliseconds which is remarkably quick and eliminates ghosting and other unpleasant artifacts from games all this plus IPS backlighting technology for brilliant brightness and image quality.
Ports of Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
The only drawback to the hardware set is the somewhat underwhelming 256 gigabyte SSD which seems out of place amidst all this power thankfully. The Helios 300 includes an end point 2 slot 4 SSD sticks to expand storage with incredibly fast drive options connectivity is well thought out too. It includes a USB C 3.1 port for up to 10 gigabytes per second transfer 3 USB 3.1 gen2 on ports an HDMI 2 no port with HDCP support one mini-display 1.4 port and a killer ethernet port that covers pretty much everything.
Keys for Gamers Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
The Helios 300 comes with predator scent software installed to command lighting fan speed overclocking and game profiles with the touch of a button. The inclusion of double-shot pro software allows you to determine which applications get the most use out of your internet bandwidth and the backlit keyboard is not only attractive to look at but functional with highlights for W A S and D keys for gamers.
Slightly Heavier Best Budget Gaming Laptop Under 1000
Finally, it keeps the machine running cool thanks to fourth-generation AeroBlade 3d fan technology. The laptop claims a six-hour battery life but it’s actually closer to three which is the one downside of the Helios 300 over other laptops in its class. It’s also slightly heavier than other models at just over five pounds which means portability is less ideal and is better suited to remaining stationary and plugged in. It’s hard to beat the Helios 300 when it comes to sheer power at this price point however performance is rock-solid. It has plenty of fantastic features and it’s a reliable power player on this list.
Features of Acer Predator Helios 300
- 144 Hertz Display: This laptop offers high frame rate gaming thanks to a 144 Hertz display which is great for diehard gamers.
- Backlit: Keyboard illuminated backlit keys with highlighted W a s and D keys make this a gamer centric keyboard with great feedback powerful hardware.
- This laptop features a six core CPU with 16 gigabytes of RAM and a 16 60 TI video card. The perfect union of hardware components for this machine.
Pros of Acer Predator Helios 300
- Very Powerful: For the price point the Helios 300 sports remarkable power thanks to its CPU GPU and ram combo.
- Display enthusiast gamers will appreciate the beautiful IPS display with 144 Hertz refresh rate for high frame rate gaming.
Cons of Acer Predator Helios 300
- Battery Life: The Helios 300 can’t last very long in full gaming sessions topping out around 3 hours.
- Small Storage: The Helios 300 includes a 256 gigabyte SSD which is out of place for a laptop with this much power.